Fort Lauderdale, a city that glimmers in the sun with its glistening beaches and tranquil waters, also has a thriving nightlife scene to offer its visitors. The waterfront destination is known for its posh bars, private clubs, live music venues, and high-end restaurants. If you’re looking for a night out on the town, Fort Lauderdale is the place to be. Here’s a guide to the city’s nightlife scene, including a list of the top 10 tourist attractions that you should check out while you’re in town.
1. Introduction to Fort Lauderdale’s nightlife scene
2. Top clubs and bars to visit
3. Live Music venues in Fort Lauderdale
4. High-end restaurants and eateries
5. FAQs Section
6. Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Fort Lauderdale
Introduction to Fort Lauderdale’s nightlife scene
Fort Lauderdale is a city that has something to offer for everyone. Whether you’re into live music, dancing, or eclectic bars, this city has it all. Though the city has earned a reputation for its pristine beaches and water activities, its nightlife is also gaining in popularity. From historic bars to trendy nightclubs, there’s something for everyone here.
Top clubs and bars to visit
Fort Lauderdale has no shortage of world-class bars and clubs. If you’re looking for a swanky night out, the W Fort Lauderdale’s “Living Room” lounge is a must-visit. With plush seating and impeccable service, this is the perfect spot for a nightcap. The Apothecary 330, located downtown, is a chic cocktail bar that features a cozy atmosphere and an extensive drink menu. If you’re looking for a local favorite, make sure you check out Elbo Room, a historic bar known for its lively atmosphere and tasty drinks. Other popular bars to visit include:
– America’s Backyard: This outdoor lounge features a dancefloor and multiple bars in a relaxed atmosphere.
– The Wilder: A speakeasy-style bar located downtown with creative cocktails and live music.
– Cash Only: A dive bar that’s known for its cheap drinks, great music, and laid-back vibe.
– Rooftop @ 1WLO: A rooftop bar that offers stunning views of the city.
Live Music venues in Fort Lauderdale
If you’re a music lover, Fort Lauderdale has plenty of options for you. Revolution Live, located downtown, is the city’s premier live music venue that hosts a range of genres from rock to EDM. The Funky Biscuit is another must-visit for live music, with a focus on jazz, blues, and funk. Other notable venues include:
– Culture Room: A smaller live music venue showcasing up-and-coming artists and established acts.
– Revolution 93.5 Lounge: A trendy lounge that plays electronic dance music.
– The Anderson: A retro-themed bar with a dancefloor and live DJs playing old-school hits.
High-end restaurants and eateries
Fort Lauderdale has a diverse and exciting culinary scene that caters to all tastes and preferences. Whether you’re in the mood for seafood, sushi, or authentic Italian, you’ll find it here. Some of the city’s best restaurants include:
– Valentino Cucina Italiana: A fine example of Italian cuisine with a focus on homemade pasta and fresh seafood.
– Lona Cocina Tequileria: A vibrant Mexican-style eatery located at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.
– Cafe Martorano: A contemporary Italian restaurant that’s renowned for its meatballs and seafood dishes.
– Louie Bossi’s Ristorante Bar Pizzeria: A bustling Italian eatery located on Las Olas Boulevard that serves up classic pizza, pasta, and meat dishes.
Q: What is the legal drinking age in Fort Lauderdale?
A: The legal drinking age in Fort Lauderdale, like the rest of the United States, is 21.
Q: What is the dress code for nightclubs in Fort Lauderdale?
A: The dress code varies depending on the establishment. Generally, you’ll want to dress up for upscale clubs and bars, while more casual attire is appropriate for dive bars and casual lounges.
Q: Are there any LGBT-friendly bars in Fort Lauderdale?
A: Yes, Fort Lauderdale has a thriving LGBT scene with bars and clubs that cater to the LGBTQ+ community. Some of the most popular bars include Rosie’s Bar and Grill, Hunter’s, and Ramrod.
Q: What is the best time to visit Fort Lauderdale for the nightlife?
A: Fort Lauderdale’s nightlife scene is year-round, but the best time to visit is during the Spring Break season (February to April) when the city becomes a lively destination for college students.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Fort Lauderdale
1. Fort Lauderdale Beach
2. Intracoastal Waterway
3. Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
4. Las Olas Boulevard
5. Butterfly World
6. Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
7. Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
8. Museum of Discovery and Science
9. Stranahan House
10. Sawgrass Mills
Whether you’re looking for upscale bars, live music venues, or high-end restaurants, Fort Lauderdale has enough to keep any traveler entertained. From the historic Elbo Room to the trendy Wilder cocktail bar, there is something for everyone no matter what their interests are. So go ahead and explore the city at night, and don’t forget to check out the top 10 tourist attractions during your stay!