Celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary: An Exciting Travel Destination for 2017
In 1867, Canada became an independent nation, and this year, the country celebrates it 150th anniversary with a series of events, festivals and parties happening across the country. Visitors who are planning to visit Canada in 2017 are in for a real treat, as the country has never been more alive and vibrant as it is this year.
With a rich cultural heritage, extensive natural beauty, gourmet cuisine and friendly locals, Canada has become one of the world’s top travel destinations, attracting millions of visitors every year. The celebrations for Canada’s 150th anniversary, however, have made this already popular destination an even more exciting place to visit. In this article, we will take you through the top 10 tourist attractions that you can enjoy while celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions Located in Celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary
1) Niagara Falls, Ontario – This natural wonder of the world is sure to take your breath away with its sheer size and beauty. With special events happening throughout the year, Niagara Falls is a must-visit destination.
2) Old Quebec City, Quebec – This historic city is one of the most charming places you’ll ever visit. With cobblestone streets, stunning architecture and delicious food, Old Quebec City is a true gem.
3) Banff National Park, Alberta – This breathtaking park is filled with towering mountains, crystal-clear lakes, and stunning wildlife. Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, Banff National Park is a must-visit destination for Canada’s 150th anniversary.
4) Parliament Hill, Ottawa – Join in the national celebrations at the heart of the country’s capital, featuring fireworks, concerts and much more.
5) Canadian Museum of History, Ottawa – Located just across the river from Parliament Hill, this museum outlines the history of the country in a way that is both informative and fun.
6) Butchart Gardens, British Columbia – This stunning garden is a visual delight that features beautiful floral displays every summer.
7) La Ronde, Quebec – This amusement park located in Montreal is a must-visit destination, perfect for families and for thrill-seekers.
8) Calgary Stampede, Alberta – One of Canada’s most famous festivals, a 10-day event that celebrates the country’s western heritage with rodeos, concerts, and fairgrounds.
9) Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto – This massive museum houses collections that span the globe, from ancient Egypt to contemporary art.
10) Fogo Island, Newfoundland – This remote island off the coast of Newfoundland is known for its striking landscapes, fishing communities, and unique culture.
Q: What are the dates of the celebrations?
A: The celebrations start on January 1, 2017, and will run throughout the year.
Q: Where is the main event happening?
A: The main celebrations taking place in the capital city of Ottawa, but there are events happening all over the country.
Q: What are some of the events happening?
A: There are many events planned, including festivals, concerts, fireworks displays, and much more. Specific events vary from region to region.
Q: Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
A: It depends on your country of origin. Check with the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country for up-to-date visa information.
Q: What should I pack when traveling to Canada?
A: Pack for the weather, as temperatures can vary greatly depending on the region and time of year. It is always a good idea to bring layers, as the Canadian climate can be very unpredictable.
Q: What is the currency used in Canada?
A: Canadian dollars.
Q: Is it safe to travel to Canada?
A: Canada is recognized as one of the world’s safest countries, with low crime rates and friendly people.
Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations are a great reason to visit the country, but the fact of the matter is, Canada is a destination that should be on the top of every traveler’s bucket list. With a wide range of attractions, friendly people, and magnificent natural beauty, Canada is a travel destination that is sure to leave a lasting impression. Celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary and experience everything this beautiful country has to offer.