Denver Named a Top Place for Foodies: A Culinary Journey You Don’t Want to Miss
If you’re an avid foodie who’s looking for a new culinary adventure, then Denver should definitely be on your travel list. This city has been named one of the top places for foodies by various publications such as the Food Network and Zagat, and for good reasons. From farm-to-table restaurants to ethnic street food, Denver has a diverse culinary landscape that caters to every taste bud. In this article, we’ll explore the food scene in Denver, its top tourist attractions, and answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Denver.
The Best Foodie Spots in Denver
One of the best things about Denver’s food scene is its emphasis on locally sourced ingredients, which means that you’re guaranteed to get the freshest and most flavorful dishes. Here are some places you should check out to satisfy your inner foodie:
1. Mercantile Dining and Provision: This farm-to-table restaurant is located in Union Station, and offers a seasonal menu that changes based on what produce is available. The restaurant also has a market where you can buy fresh produce and artisanal products.
2. Acorn: This is another restaurant located in Union Station that’s known for its wood-fired dishes and innovative cocktails.
3. Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs: If you’re in the mood for some street food, then Biker Jim’s is a must-visit. They serve exotic sausages such as reindeer and wild boar, as well as vegetarian options.
4. Little Man Ice Cream: This ice cream parlour serves artisanal ice cream in unique flavors such as salted Oreo and vegan coconut chocolate.
5. Root Down: This restaurant offers globally inspired dishes made with sustainable ingredients, and has a rooftop garden where they grow some of their produce.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Denver
Denver is known for its outdoor activities, cultural attractions, and historic landmarks. Here are the top 10 tourist attractions you shouldn’t miss:
1. Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: This natural rock formation is a popular spot for outdoor concerts and has stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
2. Denver Art Museum: If you’re an art lover, then this museum is a must-visit. It has an extensive collection of American Indian and Western art, as well as contemporary art.
3. Union Station: This historic train station has been transformed into a shopping and dining destination, and is a great spot to people-watch.
4. Denver Botanic Gardens: This oasis in the city has over 50 gardens and is a great place to relax and take in the beauty of nature.
5. Coors Field: If you’re a sports fan, then catching a game at Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies, is a must-do.
6. Denver Zoo: This zoo is home to over 4,000 animals, including rare and endangered species.
7. Denver Broncos Stadium at Mile High: Another must-do for sports fans is catching a game at the home of the Denver Broncos.
8. Larimer Square: This historic block is home to some of Denver’s best restaurants, shops, and galleries.
9. Colorado State Capitol: This iconic building has a gold-plated dome and offers free tours that take you to the top of the dome for stunning views of the city.
10. Mount Evans Scenic Byway: If you’re up for a scenic drive, then the Mount Evans Scenic Byway is a must-do. It’s the highest paved road in North America and offers stunning views of the Rocky Mountains.
FAQs about Denver
1. What’s the best time to visit Denver?
The best time to visit Denver is from April to May or September to October when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds.
2. Is Denver a kid-friendly destination?
Yes, Denver has plenty of family-friendly attractions such as the Denver Zoo, Children’s Museum of Denver, and Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park.
3. What’s the best way to get around Denver?
Denver has a good public transportation system, including light rail and buses. However, if you’re planning to explore the city’s outdoor attractions, then renting a car is recommended.
4. Are there any outdoor activities to do in Denver?
Yes, Denver is known for its outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and mountain biking. There are several parks and hiking trails located within the city, as well as ski resorts located in the nearby mountains.
5. What’s Denver’s nightlife scene like?
Denver has a vibrant nightlife scene with plenty of bars, clubs, and live music venues. Some popular spots include the Larimer Square and LoDo neighborhoods.
Denver is a foodie’s paradise, offering a diverse culinary landscape that caters to every taste bud. When you’re not busy trying out the city’s best eats, there are plenty of tourist attractions that will keep you entertained. From outdoor activities to cultural attractions, Denver has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and get ready for a culinary adventure you won’t forget!