Rhodes, the largest and most alluring island in Dodecanese, Greece, is a perfect holiday destination that offers stunning natural beauty, crystal-clear seas, sandy beaches, lush greenery, and a rich cultural history. If you’re looking for an exotic travel experience without breaking the bank, then Rhodes is the perfect spot for you.
With so much to offer, Rhodes is a must-visit destination on any traveler’s bucket list. In this travel article, we will explore some of the best tips to make the most of your trip to Rhodes without breaking the bank. So, let’s dive in.
How to Discover the Beauty of Rhodes without Breaking the Bank:
Accommodation is one of the most significant expenses while traveling. Therefore, you can save a lot of money by choosing your accommodation wisely.
1. Stay in the suburbs: Hotels in the center of Rhodes town can be expensive, but the suburbs have a lot to offer, and the prices are lower. You can find many guesthouses, hostels, and affordable hotels at a reasonable price.
2. Book in advance: Like everywhere else, booking your accommodation in advance is always cheaper. There are options to find cheaper rooms online. Make sure to check them out.
3. Airbnb: Airbnb is becoming increasingly popular in Rhodes. By renting an apartment or a house, you can save a lot of money.
Rhodes has a lot of traditional dishes, from meze to fish. Street food is also popular in Rhodes.
1. Self-catering: If you’re staying in an Airbnb or a guesthouse, you can save a lot of money by buying your food from local supermarkets and preparing your meals.
2. Traditional bakeries: Rhodes has a lot of traditional bakeries that offer a range of pastries, savory pies, and bread at a reasonable price.
1. Rent a bike or a car: Renting a bike or a car is a great way to explore Rhodes. It’s much cheaper than taking taxis or a bus, and you get to see more places.
2. Use local buses: Local buses are a cheap and reliable way to travel around Rhodes. There are many routes connecting the island, and the fares are affordable.
Things to Do:
1. Explore Rhodes Old Town: Wander around the cobbled streets of Rhodes Old Town, admire the grand architecture and ancient buildings. Entrance to the town is free.
2. Visit Lindos: Lindos is a stunning whitewashed village that offers spectacular views of the Aegean Sea. The Acropolis of Lindos is one of the most famous landmarks in Rhodes.
3. Go to the beach: Rhodes has many beautiful beaches, like Tsambika, Faliraki, and Anthony Quinn Bay. You can relax in the sun, swim in crystal-clear waters or practice water sports.
4. Discover the Valley of the Butterflies: The Valley of the Butterflies is a natural reserve home to thousands of butterflies. Entrance fees are minimal.
5. Visit the Seven Springs: The Seven Springs is a natural wonder where seven springs hide under a tunnel of trees. Entrance fees are cheap.
6. Explore the castle of Monolithos: In the southwest of Rhodes island, the castle of Monolithos is a historical sight not to be missed. Entrance fees are low.
7. Walk Via the Street of the Knights: The Street of the Knights is the most famous street in the old town of Rhodes. It was once home to the knights of St. John, and it’s a great place for an afternoon walk.
8. Learn from the Archaeological Museum: Rhodes has a long history, and the Archaeological Museum is a great place to learn more about it. Entrance fees are cheap.
9. Climb Mount Attavyros: Mount Attavyros is the highest peak in Rhodes. Hiking up the mountain is a great way to explore the natural beauty of the island.
10. Experience the nightlife: If you’re looking for a fun night out, Rhodes has a lively nightlife scene, especially in Faliraki and Rhodes Town, where clubs and bars are plentiful.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the best time to visit Rhodes?
A: The best time to visit Rhodes is between April and October. The weather is hot and sunny, and the sea is warm.
Q: What is the currency in Rhodes, and where can I exchange money?
A: The official currency in Rhodes is the Euro. You can exchange money at banks, exchange bureaus or withdraw cash from ATMs.
Q: How much does it cost to travel to Rhodes?
A: The cost of traveling to Rhodes depends on your travel style, the season, and the duration of your trip. However, it is possible to travel to Rhodes on a budget.
Q: Is Rhodes safe for tourists?
A: Rhodes is a safe destination for tourists. However, like everywhere else, it’s essential to take precautions and be vigilant, especially at night.
Q: Can I use my credit card in Rhodes?
A: Yes, you can use your credit card in Rhodes. Most hotels, restaurants, and shops accept all major credit cards.
Rhodes is a beautiful destination that offers a mix of history, culture, and natural beauty, and it’s possible to visit without breaking the bank. By following the tips mentioned above, you can experience the best of Rhodes without spending a fortune, making it a perfect destination for budget travelers. So pack your bags, and get ready to explore the beauty of Rhodes.