Greece is the perfect destination for families who are looking for sun, sea, and sand. With its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and rich culture, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for an adventurous outdoor vacation or a relaxing beach getaway, Greece has it all. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best family resorts in Greece that offer fun for all ages.
Top Family Resorts in Greece
1. Sani Beach: Sani Beach is located in Halkidiki in northern Greece. The resort has a private beach, several swimming pools, and a wide range of activities for kids and adults. The Sani Adventure Park is a popular attraction for families and features a ropes course, zip lines, and more.
2. Blue Palace: Blue Palace is a luxury resort located on the island of Crete. The resort has a private beach, multiple swimming pools, and spacious rooms that are perfect for families. Kids will love the Kid’s Club which features a range of activities including arts and crafts, games, and sports.
3. Daios Cove: Daios Cove is also located on the island of Crete and has a private beach, four swimming pools, and a range of activities for all ages. The resort also has a Kid’s Club which offers supervised activities for children.
4. Domes of Elounda: Domes of Elounda is another luxury resort located on the island of Crete. The resort has a private beach, multiple swimming pools, and spacious rooms that are ideal for families. The Kid’s Club offers a range of activities including arts and crafts, games, and sports.
5. Ikos Olivia: Ikos Olivia is located in Halkidiki and boasts a private beach, five swimming pools, and a Kid’s Club which offers supervised activities for children. The resort also has a range of outdoor activities such as bike rides and water sports.
Q: What is the best time to visit Greece with children?
A: The best time to visit Greece with children is during the summer months when the weather is warm and the sea is calm. The peak season is from July to August, so expect crowds during this time.
Q: What is the currency in Greece?
A: The currency in Greece is the Euro.
Q: What are the best family-friendly activities in Greece?
A: Some of the best family-friendly activities in Greece include visiting ancient historical sites, going to the beach, taking part in water sports, and exploring nature.
Q: What is the language spoken in Greece?
A: The official language of Greece is Greek. However, English is widely spoken in tourist areas.
Q: Do I need a visa to travel to Greece?
A: If you are an EU citizen, then you do not need a visa to travel to Greece. However, if you are a citizen of a non-EU country, then you may need a visa. Check with your embassy for more information.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions
1. Acropolis: The Acropolis is an ancient citadel located in Athens and is a must-visit attraction for families. Kids will love exploring the ruins and marveling at the stunning views of the city below.
2. Santorini: Santorini is a beautiful Greek island known for its stunning sunsets, white-washed churches, and blue-domed roofs. Take a boat tour around the island to see the best views of the island.
3. Mykonos: Mykonos is another beautiful Greek island that is perfect for families. The island is known for its beautiful beaches, charming villages, and lively nightlife.
4. Meteora Monasteries: The Meteora Monasteries are a collection of six monasteries built atop towering rock formations. The views from the monasteries are breathtaking and are a must-see attraction in Greece.
5. Olympia: Olympia is an ancient city located in the Peloponnese region of Greece. It was the site of the first Olympic Games and is now an archaeological site that is perfect for families who are interested in history.
6. Samaria Gorge: The Samaria Gorge is a natural wonder located on the island of Crete. The gorge is 16 kilometers long and is perfect for families who love hiking and nature.
7. Mount Olympus: Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece and was believed to be the home of the gods in Greek mythology. Families who love hiking will enjoy exploring the mountain and the surrounding national park.
8. Navagio Beach: Navagio Beach is located on the island of Zakynthos and is known for its turquoise waters and stunning views. Families can swim in the clear waters or take a boat tour around the island to see the beach from different angles.
9. Delphi: Delphi is an archaeological site located in Central Greece and was once the most important religious site in ancient Greece. Families can explore the ruins and learn about the history of the area.
10. Knossos Palace: Knossos Palace is an ancient palace located on the island of Crete. It was the home of the legendary King Minos and is now an archaeological site that is perfect for families who are interested in history.
In conclusion, Greece is a fantastic destination for families who are looking for sunshine, beautiful beaches, and rich cultural experiences. The resorts listed above offer a range of activities for all ages and are perfect for families who want to create unforgettable memories together. With its stunning natural beauty and rich history, Greece is sure to be a hit with both parents and children alike.