Zakynthos, also known as Zante, is a Greek island located in the Ionian Sea. It is a popular tourist destination known for its gorgeous beaches, stunning blue waters, and vibrant nightlife. The island also boasts a rich history and cultural heritage, making it the perfect place to experience both adventure and relaxation. To help you plan your trip to Zante, we’ve put together a list of the top attractions and activities you won’t want to miss.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Zante
1. Navagio Beach – This beach is one of the most famous landmarks in Zante, known for its crystal-clear waters, white sand, and the shipwreck that lays there. Accessible only by boat or by walking through the mountains from the above, Navagio Beach is a must-visit attraction in Zante.
2. Blue Caves – Located on the northern coast of Zante, the Blue Caves are a network of sea caves that can only be reached by boat. Visitors can swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters and marvel at the formation of stalactites and stalagmites.
3. Turtle Island – Also known as Marathonisi Island, Turtle Island is a protected island that is home to the endangered Caretta-Caretta turtle. Visitors can take a boat tour around the island and see the turtles and other marine life up close.
4. Keri Caves – These sea caves are located on the southern coast of Zante and are accessible by boat. Visitors can swim, snorkel, or take a dive and explore the underwater caves.
5. Solomos Museum – The Solomos Museum is a tribute to the island’s most famous poet, Dionysios Solomos, who wrote the Greek national anthem. The museum houses manuscripts, personal belongings, and awards related to his life and work.
6. St. Dionisios Church – A patron saint of Zante, St. Dionisios, was born on the island and lived here until his death. His body is preserved in a glass coffin at the church, and visitors can pay their respects to the saint.
7. Bochali Hill – Located just above Zante town, Bochali Hill offers breathtaking panoramic views of the island and the Ionian Sea. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll or bike ride up the hill and explore the Venetian Castle ruins.
8. Zakynthos Marine Park – The marine park is a protected area where visitors can see dolphins, monk seals, and sea turtles in their natural habitat. Boat tours are available, and visitors can also take part in snorkeling and scuba diving.
9. Alykes Beach – With its shallow, warm waters and soft sand, Alykes Beach is a great spot for families with children. The beach also has plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.
10. Porto Limnionas – This secluded cove is located on the western coast of Zante and is a popular spot for cliff jumping and swimming. The waters are crystal-clear, and the surrounding cliffs offer stunning views of the sea.
Top Activities to Do in Zante
1. Scuba Diving – Zante’s crystal-clear waters make it a perfect spot for scuba diving. There are many dive centers on the island that offer courses and guided dives for beginners and experienced divers.
2. Snorkeling – Snorkeling is a great way to explore the underwater beauty of Zante. The Blue Caves and the Keri Caves are popular snorkeling spots.
3. Boat Tours – Boat tours are a great way to see the island from a different perspective. Many tours include stops at the Blue Caves, Turtle Island, and Navagio Beach.
4. Watersports – Zante is a great place to try out watersports like jet skiing, parasailing, and windsurfing. Many beaches offer rentals and lessons.
5. Hiking – Zante has several beautiful hiking trails with breathtaking views. The hike up to the Venetian Castle ruins on Bochali Hill is a must-do activity.
6. Nightlife – Zante is known for its vibrant nightlife, with many bars and nightclubs in the resort areas. Laganas is the most popular party spot on the island.
Q: When is the best time to visit Zante?
A: The best time to visit Zante is between May and September when the weather is warm and dry.
Q: How do I get to Zante?
A: The easiest way to get to Zante is by flying to Zakynthos International Airport. Ferries also run from the Greek mainland and other islands.
Q: Is Zante a family-friendly destination?
A: Yes, Zante has plenty of family-friendly activities, such as beaches with shallow waters, boat tours, and marine parks.
Q: Do I need a visa to visit Zante?
A: If you are a citizen of the EU or the USA, you do not need a visa to visit Greece for up to 90 days.
Q: What currency is used in Zante?
A: The currency in Zante and the rest of Greece is the Euro.
Zante is a beautiful vacation spot that has something for everyone. From stunning beaches to rich cultural experiences and exciting nightlife, this Greek island is the perfect getaway. Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie or looking for a relaxing beach holiday, Zante has something to offer. Book your trip today and experience the best of Zante.