Experience the Magic of Kefalonia Through its Charming Villas
Kefalonia is a magical island located in the Ionian Sea, close to the western coast of Greece. Known for its rugged coastline and crystal-clear waters, Kefalonia is a popular destination among travelers looking to experience the beauty of Greece away from the crowds. To truly experience the magic of Kefalonia, one must book a stay in one of the island’s charming villas.
Kefalonia’s villas are spread across the island, offering visitors stunning views of the Ionian sea and access to some of the island’s most treasured spots. From small, cozy villas perfect for couples, to larger, family-friendly villas that can accommodate groups of up to twelve people, the island has a wide range of options for travelers. These villas offer privacy, tranquility, and a chance to experience Kefalonia like a local.
FAQs about Kefalonia’s Charming Villas
Q: Where are Kefalonia’s villas located?
A: Kefalonia’s villas are located all over the island, from the coast to the mountains. Some of the most popular areas for villas include the villages of Fiscardo, Lourdata, and Skala.
Q: How do I book a villa in Kefalonia?
A: There are many websites that offer villa rentals in Kefalonia. Some of the most popular include Airbnb, Booking.com, and HomeAway.
Q: Are Kefalonia’s villas affordable?
A: Kefalonia’s villas vary in price, with some being quite affordable and others more luxurious. Prices also vary depending on the time of year, with peak season being July and August.
Q: Do Kefalonia’s villas have air conditioning?
A: Most of Kefalonia’s villas are equipped with air conditioning, which is a must during the hot summer months.
Q: Are Kefalonia’s villas private?
A: Yes, Kefalonia’s villas offer privacy and seclusion, making them the perfect choice for travelers looking for a quiet getaway.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions located in Kefalonia
1. Myrtos Beach – This stunning beach is often touted as one of the most beautiful in Greece. With its crystal-clear waters and stunning cliffside backdrop, Myrtos Beach is a must-visit on any trip to Kefalonia.
2. Melissani Lake – This breathtaking lake is located inside a cave and is known for its turquoise blue waters. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the lake and learn about its history.
3. Assos – This charming village is home to a Venetian fortress, stunning views of the Ionian sea, and some of the island’s best seafood restaurants.
4. Fiskardo – This picturesque village is known for its colorful buildings and yachts docked in the harbor. It’s a great spot for shopping, eating, and people-watching.
5. Drogarati Cave – This impressive cave is located near Sami and features stalactite and stalagmite formations. Visitors can tour the cave and learn about its geology.
6. Mount Ainos – Kefalonia’s highest mountain offers visitors stunning views of the island and the sea. There are several hiking trails that lead to the summit, offering a rewarding workout and breathtaking scenery.
7. St. George’s Castle – This Venetian fortress is located in the village of Peratata and offers panoramic views of Kefalonia. It’s a great spot to explore and take in the island’s history.
8. Skala Beach – This long, sandy beach is perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. There are many restaurants and bars nearby, making it a great spot for a day trip.
9. Lixouri – This charming village is located on the western coast of the island and is known for its beautiful beach, stunning views, and traditional Greek architecture.
10. Robola Winery – Kefalonia is known for its wine, and the Robola Winery is one of the island’s best. Visitors can tour the winery, taste the wine, and bring a bottle back to their villa to enjoy.
In conclusion, Kefalonia’s villas offer visitors a chance to experience the beauty of the island in a unique and private way. With stunning views, seclusion, and access to some of the island’s best attractions, Kefalonia’s villas are the perfect choice for travelers looking for a magical Greek getaway.