Experience the Ultimate Family Adventure in Greece’s Top Resorts
Greece has always been known for its beaches, ancient ruins, and picturesque islands. However, in recent years, it has also become a popular destination for family adventures. With its breathtaking landscapes, stunning beaches, and rich cultural heritage, Greece offers a unique combination of adventure, history, and relaxation that is perfect for families with children of all ages.
Whether you want to explore ancient ruins, snorkel in crystal clear waters or simply relax on a beach, Greece has something for everyone. So, if you’re looking for the ultimate family adventure in Greece’s top resorts, here are some experiences you should not miss.
1. Athens: Start your journey in the capital of Greece, Athens, and explore the city’s rich history and culture. Some must-see attractions include the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the National Archaeological Museum.
2. Crete: Head south to the island of Crete, where you’ll find some of the best beaches in Greece. The island is also home to numerous ancient ruins, such as the Palace of Knossos and the ancient city of Phaistos.
3. Santorini: A visit to Greece is incomplete without visiting the picture-perfect island of Santorini. Explore the island’s unique landscapes, renowned for its white cubic houses, black-sand beaches, and clear turquoise waters.
4. Mykonos: For those looking for some nightlife, Mykonos is the perfect destination. The island is famous for its luxurious hotels, high-end restaurants, and endless shopping opportunities.
5. Corfu: Head to the island of Corfu and explore some of Greece’s most beautiful mountain villages, including the traditional settlement of Paleokastritsa.
6. Zakynthos: Visit the stunning Blue Caves that are only accessible by boat or swim in the crystal clear waters of Navagio Beach – a beach surrounded by towering white cliffs.
7. Lefkada: With its beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters, and dramatic coastal landscapes, Lefkada is a great destination for families who love outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, and scuba diving.
8. Naxos: One of the largest islands in the Cyclades, Naxos has a long, sandy beach, picturesque villages, and ancient ruins, making it perfect for families who want to explore Greece’s cultural heritage or simply relax on the beach.
9. Rhodes: Rhodes is a beautiful island, and the Old Town of Rhodes is a UNESCO World Heritage site, providing a unique insight into the island’s history and culture. Explore the Old Town’s cobbled streets, ancient fortifications, and medieval castles.
10. Skiathos: Famous for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters, Skiathos is also home to numerous hiking trails, providing excellent opportunities for families who want to explore the island’s stunning natural landscapes.
1. What time of year is best to visit Greece’s top resorts?
The best time to visit Greece’s top resorts is from June to September, when the weather is warm, and the water is clear.
2. What is the currency used in Greece?
The currency used in Greece is the Euro.
3. Is it safe to travel to Greece with children?
Greece is considered to be safe for tourists, including families with children, but like any other destination, visitors should take normal precautions.
4. Do I need a visa to visit Greece?
Citizens of the EU, as well as citizens of many other countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia, do not need a visa to visit Greece for up to 90 days.
5. What is the most popular food in Greece?
Some of the most popular foods in Greece include moussaka, souvlaki, feta cheese, and Greek salad.
With its stunning landscapes, beautiful beaches, and rich cultural heritage, Greece is the perfect destination for families who want to experience the ultimate adventure together. From exploring ancient ruins and trekking in stunning natural landscapes to relaxing on stunning beaches or shopping and indulging in luxurious food, there is something for everyone in Greece. Whether you’re an adventure seeker or someone who wants to take it easy and relax, Greece has it all. So, pack your bags and head to Greece’s top resorts for the ultimate family adventure!