Explore the Rich History and Culture of Rhodes with Our Holiday Packages!
Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands is one of the most historically significant islands of Greece. Located in the south-east Aegean Sea, Rhodes has been inhabited since Ancient times and is of great importance for its archaeological sites, medieval castles, ancient ruins, crystal-clear beaches and its rich culture. Rhodes is a melting pot of diverse influences and a must-visit destination for lovers of history, culture, and adventure.
Rhodes is the perfect place to discover the fascinating history of the island and be immersed in its rich culture. Visitors can choose from our holiday packages that explore the island in all its glory.
What to Expect
Our holiday packages offer unbeatable value for those who are looking to discover the best that Rhodes has to offer. Here is an overview of what to expect:
– Guided tours of the most important historical sites
– Discovering the medieval city of Rhodes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Relaxing on some of the island’s most beautiful beaches
– Exploring traditional villages and tasting local cuisine
– Excursions to the neighboring islands and their attractions
With our expert guides, travelers can be sure to discover Rhodes’s hidden gems and the island’s best-kept secrets. Our holiday packages are tailored to cater for all interests and budgets.
Frequently Asked Questions
– When is the best time to visit Rhodes?
Rhodes is a year-round destination with mild winters and hot summers. The best time to visit is between May and October when the weather is warmest.
– Do I need a visa to visit Rhodes?
Visitors from the US, Canada, UK, and EU do not require a visa for stays of up to 90 days.
– How do I get to Rhodes?
Rhodes is accessible by air and sea. Flights depart regularly from Athens Airport and other major airports in Europe. Ferries are available from other Greek islands and the mainland.
– Is it safe to travel to Rhodes?
Rhodes is a safe destination for tourists, however, tourists are advised to exercise caution and take necessary precautions.
– Can I drink the tap water in Rhodes?
The tap water in Rhodes is safe to drink.
Top Tourist Attractions
1. Medieval City of Rhodes: The Old Town of Rhodes is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-see for visitors. Discover the winding streets, ancient ruins, and the Palace of the Grand Master.
2. Lindos Acropolis: Visit the ancient Acropolis of Lindos, a hilltop fortress that dates back to the 6th century BC.
3. Valley of Butterflies: A beautiful natural reserve that is home to thousands of butterflies during the summer months.
4. Archaeological Museum: A museum that houses artifacts from ancient Greece and the Hellenistic period.
5. Tsambika Beach: A stunning beach with crystal clear waters, at the foot of a hill with a monastery perched on top.
6. Rhodes Jewish Museum: A museum that tells the story of the Rhodian Jewish community, and its contribution to local culture.
7. Seven Springs: Located in the heart of the island, this natural attraction has seven underground springs that run all year round.
8. Kallithea Springs: A historic spa complex that was a popular spot in the 1920s for its therapeutic spa waters.
9. Ancient Kamiros: An archaeological site that dates back to the 5th century BC and features the remains of an ancient city.
10. St. Paul’s Bay: A secluded cove where it is said that St. Paul landed during his travels to Greece, surrounded by stunning scenery.
In summary, Rhodes is a destination that caters to all interests and ages. With our holiday packages, travelers can discover the island’s rich history, culture, and natural beauty, while also enjoying its famous beaches and local cuisine. Book now and experience the best of Rhodes, Greece!