Kos, an island located in the Aegean sea, is a Greek paradise that is a must-visit destination for tourists from all over the world. Known for its beautiful beaches, pedal-powering through stunning scenery, and scenic walks, it’s easy to see why Kos attracts visitors all year round. The island is a perfect holiday destination for couples, adventure seekers, and families looking for an adventure in the sun. Here’s your ultimate guide to a perfect Kos holiday, including the best things to do, see, and where to stay!
What to Do in Kos?
Kos is a place where you can enjoy island life, with plenty of options to get your holiday started. Here are some of the best activities to explore while on the island:
Rent a Bike or Scooter: Renting a bike or scooter is an excellent way to explore the island’s natural beauty. Kos is relatively flat, and you can cycle the length of its coastline in a day! You’ll have the opportunity to find natural or secluded spots, discover stunning scenery and see the island at your own pace.
Explore the Beaches: Kos is a great place for beach lovers, and there are numerous options to choose from. The best beach on the island is Tiganakia Beach, a beautiful spot with white sand and turquoise waters. You may also visit Marmari, Tigaki, and Kefalos to get more beach choices.
Visit Ancient Ruins: Kos has a rich history that dates back over 3000 years. The most famous archaeological site on the island is the Asklepion, where Hippocrates, the father of medicine, was taught. Other ancient sites worth visiting include the Roman Odeon and the Castle of the Knights.
Take a Boat Tour: Taking a boat tour around the island is an opportunity to see Kos from a new perspective. You can visit nearby islands, like Nisyros, and see underwater sea creatures while snorkelling.
Go Water Sports: Kos is the place for all water sports enthusiasts! You may choose to go windsurfing, kitesurfing, paddleboarding, and more. You are guaranteed to have a memorable adventure!
Where to Stay in Kos?
Kos has a wide range of accommodation options, depending on your budget, location, and personal preferences. From luxurious hotels to budget-friendly apartments, visitors are guaranteed to find a stay that suits their preferences. Here are the top 3 accommodation options in Kos:
Astir Odysseus Kos Resort and Spa: This resort is a perfect getaway located in Tigaki. It has a private beach, swimming pool, and spa facilities, and some units offer a balcony with sea views.
Kos Aktis Art Hotel: This hotel is a stylish and modern hotel located in the heart of Kos town. It overlooks the harbour and offers luxurious rooms, excellent amenities, and fine dining options.
Sevi Boutique Hotel: This boutique hotel is located in Kardamena, and it offers a more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere that’s ideal for couples or families. It features a swimming pool with a bar, and some rooms have a terrace with a hot tub.
1. How Do I get to Kos?
Kos is accessible through the Kos Island International Airport, which is served by many airlines, including Ryanair and Easyjet. You can also take a ferry from Athens or other Greek islands.
2. When is the best time to visit Kos?
Kos is an all-year-round destination, but the best time to visit is during its peak season from June to September. During this time, the weather is hot and sunny, and there are lots of activities and entertainment options available.
3. What currency is used in Kos?
The official currency of Kos is Euro.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Kos
1. Asklepion: An ancient medical center that was built in honor of the Greek god of healing and medicine, Asklepios.
2. Platani Village: A picturesque village with traditional architecture and narrow streets that leads to the central square.
3. Embros Therme: A natural hot spring that contains sulfur and therapeutic properties.
4. Castle of Neratzia: Situated at the entrance of the Kos harbor and originally built in the 16th century.
5. Paleo Pili: An ancient town situated at a height of 650 meters.
6. Tigaki Beach: A long and sandy beach that’s ideal for swimming and sunbathing.
7. Lido Water Park: A water park with various slides and pools for both children and adults.
8. Plaka Forest: A beautiful forest that leads to a breathtaking view of the sea and nearby islands.
9. Antimachia Castle: A medieval castle that was built as a defensive structure against pirates.
10. Asclepion Thermal Spa & Resort: A luxurious spa resort that uses natural waters and excellent treatments.
Kos is a destination that is perfect for sun-seekers, adventure enthusiasts, and history lovers alike. From stunning beaches to ancient ruins and mouth-watering cuisine, everything about Kos is charming. The island provides an opportunity to explore vibrant nightlife, top-notch boutique hotels, and authentic local experiences that you won’t find anywhere else. We hope this ultimate guide to a perfect Kos holiday has enriched your tour and made your experience unforgettable.