Mallorca, a beautiful island tucked away in the Balearic Islands archipelago, is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and charming seaside towns. This Spanish island boasts an array of beach resorts, each catering to different travelers’ needs. From families with children to couples looking for a romantic getaway, to solo travelers seeking adventure, there is a Mallorcan beach resort for everyone. In this ultimate guide to Mallorca’s best beach resorts, we’ll explore the top destinations ideal for families, couples, and solo travelers.
Best Beach Resorts for Families
If you’re traveling with children, then Mallorca has plenty of beach resorts that are perfect for families. From entertainment for kids to safety, these resorts cater to each family’s needs.
1. Alcudia – Alcudia is the perfect destination for families with children. The beach is long and clean, with shallow waters perfect for little ones. The resort has facilities such as playgrounds, miniclubs and plenty of water sports options like kayaking, snorkeling and paddleboarding. There is also a water park, Hidropark, located in the area, which is great for family fun.
2. Cala Millor – Couples often avoid Cala Millor, but for families, it’s a great option. There is a great selection of hotels that offer entertainment for kids, along with a long promenade, which is perfect for an evening stroll along the beach. There are also plenty of restaurants, bars and shops to keep both kids and adults entertained. Cala Millor has plenty of activities to keep kids busy such as the nearby go-karting tracks and the mini golf course.
3. Santa Ponça – Santa Ponça has a sizeable sandy beach with shallow waters perfect for children. It is a popular resort for families and has plenty of hotels that cater to children. The resort has many attractions such as golf courses, water parks and mini-golf courses, keeping the whole family entertained throughout the stay.
Best Beach Resorts for Couples
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, the beaches of Mallorca have plenty of secluded spots perfect for couples. From private beaches to romantic restaurants and bars, these beach resorts are perfect for a romantic getaway.
1. Cala d’Or – Cala d’Or is a picturesque town located on the southeast coast of Mallorca, famous for its luxury yachts, marinas and white sandy beaches. It’s a favorite for couples with plenty of romantic spots to explore, such as the secluded Cala Gran beach, vibrant nightlife and restaurants serving delicious seafood.
2. Port de Pollença – Port de Pollença is a picturesque fishing town with some of the island’s most spectacular scenery. It’s perfect for couples, with plenty of romantic spots to explore including the Serra de Tramuntana, a romantic sunset stroll overlooking the bay, and a cozy restaurant with a sea view.
3. Palma Nova – Palma Nova is a perfect resort for couples looking for a relaxing and romantic getaway. The resort has a choice of secluded beaches, including the romantic Illetes beach. There are also plenty of romantic restaurants to choose from and bars overlooking the sea. Couples looking for a touch more adventure could try the nearby water sports, such as jet skiing or parascending.
Best Beach Resorts for Solo Travellers
For solo travelers looking for fun and adventure or a peaceful retreat, Mallorca’s best beach resorts offer plenty of things to do and see. From water sports and adventure to yoga retreats and meditation, these beach resorts suit solo travelers seeking an adventure or some peace and quiet.
1. Magaluf – Magaluf is a famous destination known for its vibrant nightlife and attractive beaches. It’s the perfect destination for solo travelers looking for a party scene with a wide selection of bars and nightclubs. During the day, you can enjoy the beach, try jet skiing or banana boat rides.
2. Port de Sóller – Port de Sóller is a beautiful coastal town known for its scenic beauty and relaxed atmosphere. Solo travelers can enjoy a plethora of activities such as hiking trails, yoga classes, and waterfall swimming. The beach here is not the best but there are a lot of hotels with pools and other facilities.
3. Son Serra de Marina – Son Serra de Marina is a beach resort that boasts a much more peaceful environment than most other resorts on the island. The beach is usually quiet and uncrowded, making it perfect for solo travelers looking to relax and recharge.
1. When is the best time to visit Mallorca?
The best time to visit Mallorca is during the months of April to May and September to October. The weather during these months is moderate, and the crowds are sparse.
2. What is the currency used in Mallorca?
The currency used in Mallorca is the Euro.
3. Do I need a visa to visit Mallorca?
Citizens from the Schengen area are permitted entry in Mallorca without a visa for up to 90 days. Citizens from other countries should look up the visa requirements for their country of origin.
4. Is Mallorca safe?
Yes, Mallorca is generally safe. Take usual precautions, such as not leaving valuables lying around and not walking alone in the dark.
5. How do I get around Mallorca?
The cheapest and easiest way to travel around Mallorca is by bus. Taxis and car rentals are also available.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Mallorca’s Best Beach Resorts
1. Serra de Tramuntana – A beautiful mountain range that extends across the northwest coast of Mallorca, great for hiking.
2. Palma Cathedral – A beautiful Gothic cathedral located in Palma.
3. Bellver Castle – A circular castle located in Palma, offering beautiful views of the city.
4. Port de Soller Sea Adventure – A fun day out on a boat exploring the beautiful crystal clear waters of Port de Soller.
5. Alcudia Market – A traditional street market held every Tuesday and Sunday in the old town of Alcudia.
6. Cuevas del Drach – Impressive underground caves located in Porto Cristo.
7. Cap de Formentor – Famous for its scenic views of the island’s northern coast.
8. Valldemossa – A picturesque town with historic charm.
9. La Seu, Palma de Mallorca – A magnificent cathedral with stunning architecture.
10. Playa de Muro – The longest beach in Mallorca with white sand and clear blue waters.