Greece is a popular destination for travelers searching for a combination of rich history, stunning landscapes, and delicious Mediterranean cuisine. But this country isn’t just a great spot for solo adventurers or romantic couples; it’s also the perfect place for families looking to unwind and bond together. With an abundance of resorts offering various activities for all ages, Greece has something for everyone. Here are some of the top destinations to visit for a family vacation in Greece:
1. Costa Navarino – Located in Messinia, Costa Navarino is a luxurious resort that offers a wide range of activities for both kids and adults. From water sports to spa treatments, there is something for everyone. The Navarino Dunes beach is a highlight of the resort, with crystal-clear waters and soft sand.
2. Sani Resort – Situated in Halkidiki, Sani Resort is a well-known destination for families. With five different hotels and a variety of activities, there is never a dull moment. The resort has a marina, beach clubs, multiple restaurants, and a creche and kids club.
3. Blue Palace – The Blue Palace is located on the island of Crete and is a luxurious hotel with breathtaking views of Spinalonga Island. The resort offers various activities and amenities for both adults and children, such as cooking classes, water sports, a kids club, and a spa.
4. Daios Cove – Situated in northeastern Crete, Daios Cove is a modern resort that offers its guests a private beach, a spa, and a variety of dining options. The resort also features a kids club and babysitting services, making it a great destination for families.
5. Ikos Olivia – Located in Halkidiki, Ikos Olivia is a stylish, all-inclusive resort that has become a favorite among families. The resort boasts an extensive pool complex, sports facilities, a spa, and a kids club, making it perfect for all ages.
6. the Westin Resort Costa Navarino – The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is one of the best resorts for families, located in Messinia. The property is situated next to miles of sandy beach and features an indoor pool, outdoor pool, and even a water park for kids.
7. St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas – This luxurious resort overlooks the Mirabello Bay in the eastern part of Crete. The resort has indoor and outdoor pools, a private beach, a kids club, and a variety of dining options.
8. Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel & Spa – Located in Kos, the Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel & Spa is a small luxury hotel that caters to families. The hotel features a rooftop pool with panoramic views, a spa, and a kids club.
9. The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino – The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino, is a Greek paradise located in Messinia, complete with award-winning golf courses, water sports, and a variety of restaurants.
10. Elysium Resort & Spa – Situated in Rhodes, the Elysium Resort & Spa is an all-inclusive property set right next to the beach. The resort has a spa, pools, and various activities for families to enjoy.
Q: Are the resorts in Greece affordable for families?
A: While some resorts can be expensive, there are also many affordable options available in Greece. It’s best to do some research and compare prices to find the perfect fit for your family.
Q: What kind of activities can kids do at these resorts?
A: Most resorts in Greece offer a kids club or activities for children such as swimming or water sports, cooking classes, art and crafts, or games and traditional events. Some might also have educational programs, which teach them about Greek history or nature.
Q: Are the resorts in Greece family-friendly?
A: Yes, most of the resorts in Greece cater to families, and have many kid-friendly amenities.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit Greece with kids?
A: The best time to visit Greece with kids is during the summer months between June and August, when temperatures are warm and the sea is calm.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Unwind and Bond with Family in Greece’s Best Resorts for All Ages
1. Acropolis of Athens – The Acropolis of Athens is a historic site in the capital city of Greece. The site includes the Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena.
2. Mykonos – Mykonos is an island in the Aegean Sea known for its charming town, beautiful beaches, and vibrant nightlife.
3. Santorini – Another popular Greek island in the Aegean Sea, Santorini is famous for its stunning sunset views and unique architecture.
4. Knossos – The archaeological site of Knossos is located on the island of Crete and is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on the island.
5. Meteora – This UNESCO World Heritage site features ancient monasteries perched on top of towering rock formations.
6. Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes – Located in Rhodes, the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes is a medieval castle that was once the residence of the Grand Master of the Knights.
7. Zakynthos – Zakynthos is an island in the Ionian Sea known for its stunning beaches, such as Navagio Beach, which features crystal clear waters and a famous shipwreck.
8. Delphi – Delphi is another famous archaeological site located in central Greece. It was a sanctuary dedicated to Apollo and was once considered the center of the world.
9. Corfu Old Town – In the Ionian Sea, Corfu Old Town is the historic center of the island and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It features Venetian-style architecture, narrow streets, and traditional markets.
10. Palace of Knossos – Another must-visit site in Crete, the Palace of Knossos is the largest and most important archaeological site on the island. It is believed to be the center of the ancient Minoan civilization.