Why Are Holiday Prices for 2023 So High?
The pandemic has changed the way we travel, and it’s not just the safety protocols that have been affected. Holiday prices for 2023 are higher than ever before, and it’s not just because of inflation.
The demand for holidays is skyrocketing as people look to get away after months of lockdown and restrictions. This high demand is one factor driving the rising costs, with passengers willing to pay higher prices and many airlines still not back to running their pre-pandemic number of flights.
The Perfect Storm of Spiralling Costs
According to the Chief Executive of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), Mark Boland, huge demand for holidays have combined with inflationary pressure to create a “perfect storm of spiralling costs.”
The pandemic has caused disruption to the travel industry, and many airlines have had to reduce their number of flights and routes. This has resulted in fewer seats available and higher prices for those that are available.
Why Are Prices So High?
The combination of high demand and fewer flights means that airlines are able to charge more for their tickets. This is particularly true for popular destinations, such as the Caribbean and Mediterranean, which are in high demand.
The high demand is also driving up the cost of accommodation, with hotels and resorts in popular destinations raising their prices to take advantage of the increased demand.
The pandemic has also caused disruption to the supply chain, with some destinations facing shortages of certain goods and services. This has caused prices to rise, and this is likely to continue into 2023.
How Can You Save Money on Your Holiday?
Despite the high prices, there are still ways to save money on your holiday. Here are some tips to help you get the best deal:
- Book early: Airlines and hotels are likely to offer discounts for early bookings, so it’s worth booking as soon as you can.
- Be flexible: Consider travelling to less popular destinations or at different times of the year to get the best deals.
- Compare prices: Make sure you compare prices from different airlines and hotels to get the best deal.
- Look for deals: Sign up to newsletters and follow social media accounts to get the latest deals and discounts.
- Travel off-peak: Travelling during the off-peak season can help you save money on flights and accommodation.
Holiday prices for 2023 are higher than ever before, due to the combination of high demand and fewer flights. However, there are still ways to save money on your holiday, such as booking early, being flexible, comparing prices, looking for deals, and travelling off-peak.
With the right planning and research, you can still find a great deal for your holiday in 2023.