Kavos is a small Greek village located on the southernmost tip of the island of Corfu. Once a quiet fishing village, Kavos is now a bustling resort town, popular among both couples seeking a romantic getaway and groups of friends looking for a fun-filled vacation. Kavos is well-known for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and stunning natural scenery, making it an ideal destination for those looking for a combination of relaxation and adventure.
If you are planning a trip to Kavos, here is everything you need to know:
Getting to Kavos:
The most convenient way to reach Kavos is by flying into Corfu International Airport, which is located just 40 km away from the village. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to Kavos. Most hotels in the area also offer shuttle services from the airport.
When to go:
The best time to visit Kavos is between June and September when the weather is warm and sunny, and the sea temperature is perfect for swimming. During this time, the village is also buzzing with tourists, and there are plenty of activities and events to keep you entertained.
Where to stay:
There are plenty of accommodation options in Kavos, ranging from luxury resorts to budget-friendly apartments. Some of the most popular hotels in the area include Corfu Sea Gardens, Island Beach Resort, and Quayside Village Hotel. If you are looking for a more low-key option, there are also plenty of self-catering apartments and villas available for rent.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Kavos:
1. Kavos Beach – One of the most popular beaches in Corfu, Kavos Beach, is a long stretch of fine sand and crystal-clear water, perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The beach is lined with bars, restaurants, and water sports centers, making it a great place to spend a day.
2. Arkoudilas Beach – Located just a few kilometers away from Kavos, Arkoudilas Beach is a secluded cove with crystal-clear water and stunning views of the surrounding coastline.
3. Kavos Water Sports – If you are looking for adventure, Kavos Water Sports has plenty of activities to keep you entertained, including jet skiing, paragliding, and bananas boat rides.
4. Paxos and Antipaxos Island Cruise – Take a day trip to the neighboring islands of Paxos and Antipaxos and discover their secluded coves, turquoise waters, and charming villages.
5. Aqualand Water Park – Located just a short drive away from Kavos, Aqualand is one of the biggest water parks in Europe, with slides, pools, and attractions for all ages.
6. Corfu Old Town – Explore the historic streets of Corfu Old Town and admire its beautiful Venetian architecture, museums, and churches.
7. Mouse Island – Also known as Pontikonisi, Mouse Island is a small islet located just off the coast of Corfu, known for its picturesque views and beautiful beaches.
8. Benitses Village – Visit the charming village of Benitses and discover its traditional architecture, narrow alleys, and inviting taverns.
9. Corfu Trail Hike – If you are looking for a challenge, take on the Corfu Trail, a 220km hike that crosses the island’s beautiful countryside.
10. Kavos Nightlife – Kavos is famous for its vibrant nightlife, with plenty of bars, clubs, and music venues open till the early hours of the morning. Some of the most popular spots include Atlantis Club, Future Club, and Limelight Club.
Q: Is Kavos safe to visit?
A: Kavos is generally a safe place, but tourists should be aware of pickpocketing and other petty thefts.
Q: What is the currency used in Kavos?
A: The currency used in Kavos is the Euro.
Q: Are there any medical facilities in Kavos?
A: There is a medical center in Kavos, and a hospital located in the nearby town of Lefkimmi.
Q: What is the local language spoken in Kavos?
A: Greek is the official language in Kavos, but English is widely spoken in tourist areas.
Q: Is Kavos suitable for children?
A: Kavos is more suited for adults, as the nightlife can be quite lively. However, there are plenty of family-friendly activities and beaches in the surrounding areas.
In conclusion, Kavos is an ideal destination for both couples and groups of friends looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. From beautiful beaches to vibrant nightlife and stunning natural scenery, there is something for everyone in Kavos. So pack your bags and head to this beautiful Greek village for an unforgettable holiday!