If you’re looking for a Mediterranean getaway that combines adventure, relaxation, and stunning landscapes, then sailing around the Greek island of Zante might just be your perfect match. With its crystal-clear waters, beautiful beaches, and delightful villages, Zante is one of the most popular destinations in Greece. And what better way to explore this paradise than on a private yacht charter? In this article, we’ll share the best yacht charter routes and tips for your Greek island adventure.
Choosing Your Yacht
Before we set sail, it’s important to select the right yacht for your trip. The choice comes down to the size of your party, budget, and personal preferences. If you’re traveling with a small group or just your significant other, a smaller boat might suffice. However, for larger groups and families, a bigger yacht with a crew and more amenities is recommended. Some of the popular options for yacht charters in Zante are the Lagoon 440, Bali 4.0, and Sun Odyssey 509.
Best Yacht Charter Routes in Zante
With your yacht selected, it’s time to start planning your route. Zante has plenty of beautiful beaches, natural wonders, and cultural landmarks to explore, so you’ll want to prioritize which ones you want to visit based on the time you have available. Here are a few of the top routes:
1. Zakynthos Town to Navagio Beach – starting in the island’s capital, this route will take you to one of the most iconic beaches in Zante, Navagio Beach. Along the way, you’ll encounter picturesque fishing villages, secluded coves, and stunning sea caves.
2. Keri to Marathia – depart from the quaint village of Keri and cruise to the scenic Marathia peninsula. This route will take you through turquoise waters and alongside abundant sea life, including loggerhead turtles.
3. Alykes to Vassilikos – starting from the popular beach town of Alykes, take a leisurely sail towards the southern coast of Zante. Along the way, you’ll see exotic wildlife, gorgeous seascapes, and authentic Greek tavernas.
Tips for Sailing in Zante
Now that you’ve selected your yacht and route, here are a few valuable tips to make the most of your sailing experience:
1. Plan your itinerary carefully, but be flexible in case of unexpected weather changes or other unforeseen events.
2. Remember to bring plenty of sunscreen, hats, and lightweight clothing to keep you cool during the day.
3. Don’t forget to explore the charming villages and towns along the coast, such as Laganas, Tsilivi, and Kampi.
4. Zante’s waters are very clear and ideal for snorkeling or diving, so bring your gear or rent them from a local shop.
5. Make sure to follow all safety protocols on your yacht and respect the environment by not littering or causing any damage to marine life.
Q: When is the best time to sail in Zante?
A: The best time to visit Zante is between May and September when the weather is warm and the seas are calm. July and August can get very busy with tourists and higher prices.
Q: Do I need a skipper’s license to charter a yacht in Zante?
A: If you have a yacht license, you can charter a yacht without a skipper. Otherwise, you’ll need to hire a professional skipper for your safety and comfort.
Q: Are there any hidden costs when chartering a yacht in Zante?
A: There may be additional costs for fuel, mooring fees, and cleaning services, which are usually outlined in the charter agreement. Make sure to clarify all costs with the charter company before booking.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Zante
1. Navagio Beach – a stunning cove with turquoise waters and a shipwreck on the sand.
2. Blue Caves – a natural wonder of sea caves with mesmerizing blue hues.
3. Marathonisi Island – a small island with golden beaches and turtle nesting sites.
4. Laganas Beach – a long and wide beach famous for its nightlife and water sports.
5. Keri Lighthouse – a historic lighthouse with panoramic views of the island.
6. Port of Zakynthos – a bustling harbor with traditional Greek architecture and tavernas.
7. Byzantine Museum – a museum showcasing religious artifacts and Byzantine artworks.
8. Gerakas Beach – a quiet and secluded beach with dramatic cliffs and clear waters.
9. Mount Skopos – a mountain hike with spectacular views of Zante’s coastline.
10. Solomos and Kalvos Museum – a museum dedicated to the works of Zante’s national poets.
Sailing around Zante is a dreamy adventure that combines luxury, nature, and cultural immersion. With a carefully planned itinerary and practical tips, you can maximize your experience and create memories that will last a lifetime. So, sail away to Zante and discover the best of Greece’s island paradise.